Bug when using seperate Windows

I am using TotalFinder with “Seperate Windows” (german: “Unabhängige Fenster”).

If there is already a Finder Window open, and I open a new one, the new Window is opened behind the already open one. But this is only true, if the new Windows is opened from a Folder in the Docks.

To clarify: I open a Finder Windows. Next I open from dock “Programs” or “Documents” or “Downloads” by clicking on the Icon and then Clicking “Open in Finder”. If I do it that way, the new Windows is always opened in the background.

Could this be fixed?

And there is a second issue: If I do open new windows like mentioned above, it sometimes happens, that the new window is opened but I can not make any input like clicking on a file does not work. After closing the window and reopen it, it works most of the time.
Maybe it also has something to do with the option “Seperate Windows”.

I am running Mavericks 10.9 and Totalfinder 1.5.5.

Would be interested if there is anything going on here? No answer? Am I the only one having this problem?

No, you’re not the only one. I am having the same issues that sometimes, “show in Finder” commands issued from other applications open the new window under the top-level window of TF. I cannot provide a 100% way of reproducing it, which leads me to believe that this might be a timing issue. Just for the record, I also use TotalSpaces.

From the description, this issue looks similar to the one described here.

– kriro

Hi guys. I have not really focused on this issue. It would be great if we could find some reproducible steps for me to reliably test it.

In the meantime, please test the latest beta version 1.5.15:
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes

I have done a lot of changes to TotalFinder internals and I believe it should fix some glitches. Thank you.