Crashing finder.. all the time

last few versions have been crashing finder on start, and on install…
was causing LONG indexing…
I had fixed it with running applejack somehow… then Update came through again saying that it fixed this problem…
It did not…
Still crashing finder, and whole system hangs up…
Not fun… I have work to do, and cannot do it with all this crashing…

I’m sorry to hear that. Do you use Google Drive? Maybe this is the issue:

Maybe you could send me one of those crash reports so I can have a look…

I don’t use Google drive, no.
and my crash reports do not even come up, it freezes up instantly…

I’m sorry. I cannot help without more information. Please open Console.app -> User Diagnostics Reports and look for latest Finder.app crashes. Send me one or two to support@binaryage.com. I will take a look.

Thanks.

unfortunately, it seems it freezes up before a crash log can be written… maybe it’s not even really a “crash” and just a freeze? I have had the program not running since i started this post, using finder app “as is”, and decided to try to redo the “freeze” to get some sort of report… and of course, now it decides to function again…
When it happens again, i’ll look back into the log files, and hopefully something will be documented…

1.5.2 still freezing…

fyi… I do use Dropbox

I’m sorry, but I cannot effectively help. Finder.app is normal user-space program. When it freezes it should NOT freeze whole system. If it does, it must be some serious problem of the OS, not really of an app.

Sorry… It freezes Finder… and thus… affects other programs that need to use finder.app… i.e. a browser that needs to open finder to upload something… photoshop that needs to use finder.app to open files…
One would have to click on a different program/app to make it active, as opposed to Finder, and then do a force quit on Finder… Nothing else in Force Quit is frozen or “not responding”…
So yes… this is a problem of TotalFinder… nothing else…

indeed there is a serious problem… it’s TotalFinder…

Please send me an email to support@binaryage.com and I will give you a refund. I’m sorry for the troubles.