Opening dmgs always crashes total finder

i’m on 1.7.8 with 10.11.1 and each time i try to open an dmg totalfinder crashes and i need to restart the finder

Can you please confirm that this is not happening with basic Finder.app too? (use CMD+OPT+ESC to relaunch Finder.app without TotalFinder and try to reproduce it again).

If it is crashing just with TotalFinder, please send me a crash report to support@binaryage.com. Thank you.

hi
it’s working totally fine with totalifinder off

it’s not really crashing but freezing… i’m emailing you some related lines from the console

Is there any update on this issue? TF always freezes when I try to open a dmg file. Basic Finder does not freeze. I’m running TF 1.7.12 on 10.11.3. I don’t see any crash or log files for TF. I really like TF, but it’s really annoying to have to force quit, restart, and reopen all my tabs—and not be able to open DMGs using TF. Please let me know if there’s a solution.

Could you send me that dmg file? Or do you have a download link?

We can continue on support@binaryage.com in case you want to keep it private.

Aha, this looks like there could be a problem with TotalFinder using /usr/bin/hdiutil on your machine,

Please try this tweak in Terminal.app:

defaults write com.binaryage.totalfinder TotalFinderDoNotIgnoreDMG -bool true

Then force-quit Finder.app via CMD+OPT+ESC and launch TotalFinder.app again.

That worked! I just opened 10 DMGs with no problem. Thank you!

1 Like

Just to close this thread. TotalFinder 1.9.0 has a new code for DMG detection. It should not crash/freeze anymore.

https://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes#1.9.0

In case you encounter similar issues, please reopen. Thank you.