TotalFinder Crashes Upon Launch, Repeatedly

My TotalFinder crashes upon launch, almost without exception. It’s probably just me, but it is very perplexing. There are a dozen or so logs on Github right now, all more or less like the following. Any help/relief would be appreciated.

This was happening to me too… With no clear response, ownership, or explanation from developers…

What i have found on my own…
I use lots of windows open, as i have many projects going on at 1 time…

It appears that after a certain number of windows are open, if 1 of log files for 1 of the windows open gets corrupted, for what ever reason, then TF will not open correctly…

This usually happens to me after about having 10 or so different Finder windows/tabs open…
Once 1 Finder window/tab doesn’t respond… then you know TotalFinder has become corrupted…

The only Remedy I have found is to ForceQuit/Restart Finder
Then… When you restart TotalFinder… (as quickly as you can)… close all the windows that are opening…
Doing this, closes out the TotalFinder window/tab that has become corrupted… then you can continue working as normal…

Until TotalFinder admits that it is on their end, and not something with the User or Finder itself… It feels that this is the only solution…

@drmathprog Thanks for providing the crash report. Your Finder crashed in “FinderExt” code, which is Google Drive’s code injected into Finder. Please update your Google Drive software (or disable/uninstall it for a while).

This is not TotalFinder’s fault. You are not alone reporting this issue.

@mdavidangst Ah, you mean this thread:

I’m sorry but you gave me no clue how to diagnose the problem. Your problems are most likely caused by installing something which breaks Finder or TotalFinder or your system or is simply in conflict with something TotalFinder does. As you can see here on forums not many people report similar issues. Only this Google Drive issue has caused recent headaches.