TotalFinder hangs (or crashes) Finder at startup

As of yesterday it stopped loading entirely on my system. I have yet to see stable behavior in Yosemite public beta. When it was working, my finder windows would change size when opening a second tab. Now it will not load at all; I get no error messages, just no response.

I re-downloaded the .dmg from this site and it has (at least for now) resolved the problems. This is the first time that applying an update through the app’s native dialog turned out so badly. Not sure what happened but will continue to monitor.

I am unable to use Total Finder on Yosemite Beta2 please Help

Still having recurring hang-ons with Mavericks Finder 10.9.4.

The latest update in dev history is given to be totalfinder 1.6.9 but I’m able to update only to 1.6.8.

There is label yosemith beneath the entry. Is .9 not for mavericks ?

Thanks for all the work.

Please read my explanation here:

I was having the same issue on 10.9.4 with totalfinder 1.6.2 but running the above command in Terminal resolved the hanging issue. Question will this command need to ran each time I do an Update?

No. It is one-time setting. This will cause TotalFinder not to try restore tabs to the configuration when TotalFinder/Finder was quitting last time.

When I open TotalFinder in Yosemite Beta (repeatedly) , I get the message that native “Finder has quit unexpectedly using Toolkit” or some such. .

Are you sure you have installed the latest beta?
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes#latest

I have a problem in OS X 10.10 Yosemite GM vers. 1. If I start up the mac total finder 1.6.12 will never started. The same problem was with very. 1.6.11 and with 1.6.10.

Not sure if this has been reported. With TotalFinder 1.6.12 with Narrow tabs enabled, the “Customize Toolbar…” option doesn’t work properly, as the modal customization pane covers the toolbar and you cannot drag things to/from it.

A workaround is disable toolbars, do the toolbar customization, and re-enable them.

@freinitz please follow this topic: TotalFinder will not start automaticly

I have had to uninstall TF because of such issues, as soon as I access any Network item it locks up on my MacAir Yosemite

Hi, I am having problem with Total Finder…the rainbow keep spinning sometimes and everything to do with Finder become very slow…

%CPU usage as high as 90% sometimes…

Please help me what should I do.

Anyone can help me?

I am using Yosemite 10.10.1 (latest). I have a macbook pro (2013) with all the bells and whistles. I have been having issues with Finder and horrendous pinwheels going on for 10 to 15 minutes. I narrowed it down to Total Finder. After i removed it from my system Finder worked good (with no delays … no pinwheels)… I went to Binary Age and purchased a new version and downloaded it. Pinwheel activity again!!! So i think its safe to say its Total Finder and not my system. Of course Yosemite has come out with updates too… i hate being someones guinea pig. Are you getting any closer to resolving these issues?? I see others on here having the same problems.

If this is related to Finder updating icons for videos (and metadata) perhaps turning off “Icon Preview” will help? I have this persistent problem when I go to copy a video file I get a “file is currently in use.” error for the longest time. I did the following to solve this:

Right-click on the Finder window, “show view options”, then disable “show icon preview” and click on “use as defaults” so it applies everywhere going forward.

Perhaps others can try this to see if this helps?

I haven’t been able to use TotalFinder for a week now. It started suddenly… it was working on Yosemite. I get this error message.

Love Total Finder but it has stopped being functional. When I open a new tab, a new Finder window opens.