TotalFinder not launching after upgrading to Sierra

i’ve followed the directions on the link that says to sudo killall -KILL appleeventsd … no change, still won’t launch

I’ve also rebooted into cmd+r and executed csrutil enable --without debug again just to make sure the upgrade didn’t wipe that … still won’t launch.

EDIT ->
some more information

tried to launch from command line:

$ /Applications/TotalFinder.app/Contents/MacOS/TotalFinder
2016-09-22 11:26:54.602 TotalFinder[1341:144133] agent v1.8.0 started (TotalFinder)
2016-09-22 11:26:56.784 TotalFinder[1341:144133] requesting injection into com.apple.finder[418]
29:45: execution error: Finder got an error: Can’t continue «event BATFinit». (-1708)
29:45: execution error: Finder got an error: Can’t continue «event BATFinit». (-1708)

took sample of process available here: https://gist.github.com/jcolson/b13398e78782457eed3ab428b5f281d8

I am getting the same result. TotalFinder will not run in macOS 10.12 Sierra.

I followed the instruction to disable finder security, but then the finder get very slow and my blue touth keyboard even slowrr, so I uninstall it all and the finder and keyboard works ok.
Still some work to do for Siera I suppose :slight_smile:

greetings Rob

For me no problem with TotalFinder on macOS 10.12 Sierra. It’s working with partially disabled SIP and even full enabled SIP. It’s not a case for TS2 which works only with SIP disabled.
The one additional thing I’ve done was to move the file from /Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalFinder.osax to the folder /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions into recovery mode and fixing the rights on the newly moved folder: chown -R root:wheel TotalFinder.osax

Hope it helps!

I had same issue. Looked in the Scripting Additions folder and it was empty. Got me thinking, maybe I should try a reinstall. I did. It worked. Only issue was Finder was beach balled, so I went into Activity Monitor, force quit TF and TF Crash watcher, restarted TF, and it works. So happy to have it for another year. (and, for me, SIP is disabled.)

1 Like

Running TF 1.8 TS 2.4.6 with Sierra 10.12.1 (beta) and all working fine, no issues at all with upgrade and installs. SIP totally disabled.

1 Like

For people having issues, please try to reinstall TotalFinder and report back.

I cannot reproduce the problem here on my Sierra machines so right now I can just collect feedback from people who resolved the issue somehow.

I did uninstall and re-install TotalFinder on macOS Sierra. It is now working as expected!

Similar problem here but for TotalSpaces2 - after updating to Sierra 10.12.1 Public Beta 3, TotalSpaces stopped working. I reinstalled and it worked again. :slight_smile:

In my case, I am facing a slow start of Finder with TF enabled after any reboot. To get any response from Finder takes about a minute, while in the meantime I can access any other App.

I have isolated this to TotalFinder because it does not happend with it disabled.

Mauro

Got exactly same problem as Mauro on my Sierra. Trying to solve it somehow…

Can we get an update on Sierra and spinning beachball issue? Is it not fixable?

I honestly haven’t looked into it yet. I’m focused on TotalSpaces and will circle back around to TotalFinder after TotalSpaces 2.5. TotalSpaces also appears to have this issue, so I will certainly look at it in time.

And it´s no big deal. Just a few seconds and all works like a charm. Take your time.

Yes, as tripero says, it gets stuck for several seconds and just after boot, otherwise is stable.

@ BinarySteve: BTW, are you alone on BinaryAge? Or are Darwin and Stephen still giving you a hand? You look pretty longly at this time.