TotalFinder status under OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

You might want to check this one out :grinning::

Hi everyone!
Where can ask a question from the developers? or where can I make a wish?
Since I read a lot of comments and have some information about a lot of us have a problem with the opening and renaming shortcuts.
Will u guys doing a command please for the return (enter) button to open a selection, and f2 to rename a selection?
Please

Waiting for your kind answer and thanks in advance!

Hey Mark,

You can ask here, or you can always write support@binaryage.com.

Commander style shortcuts is a common request, so Iā€™ll be sure to look into it.

Thanks for your answer Steve
Just really waiting for it hope it will be in cuz i really love what total finder makes for me cant imagine my working process without it thats the only thing what I miss.

Thatā€™s good news, indeed! :relieved: Thanks for sharing that information! :smile:

Not so much of a bug or issue but feature request. Iā€™m a big fan of totalfinder and would like to put in a request that there be a ā€œfolders on bottomā€ as well as ā€œfolders on topā€ option when sorting in a given window.

Interesting request. The feature could have 4 behaviors:

1. Default behavior.
  2. Folders on Top.
  3. Folder on Bottom.
  4. Folder based on sort order (Ascending puts Folders on Top, Descending puts Folders on Bottom).
1 Like

Has something changed in the latest versions of TF regarding SIP? I just did a fresh install of OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and installed TF as well and all functionality seems to be there. I didnā€™t restore any files from backup or anything. Also I am not getting any prompts about disabling SIP.

Nothing has changed that I know of. If youā€™re running with SIP disabled, then installing 10.11.6 should still honor that setting.

Okay. So even if I formatted my hard drive, somehow the SIP setting gets stored somewhere?. Again, I didnā€™t restore anything from backup. However, I have disable SIP in the past in order to use TF.

so, am I missing something?

is there a beta for totalfinder on sierra like TS has?

TotalFinder 1.7.12 under Mac Os 10.11.6 El Capitan

Items saved to the ~/Desktop no longer appear until I open a folder on the Desktop. Unsure if this is an Apple it BinaryAge issue. Anyone else experiencing this difficulty? Anyone have a workaround?

Only think I did recently was ā€œrepair disk permissionsā€ on the System Disk.

Iā€™m confused. I am a former user of TotalFinder who uninstalled it when El Capitan came out.

I logged on here for the first time for 6 months (as I thought TotalFinder was non-existent under El Capitan when running SIP). I read some positive news about it working now so I reinstalled it, followed this http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/system-osax but all Iā€™m getting is ā€œTroubles launching TotalFinderā€.

I am using v1.7.12.

So this article is not correct?

Hi Paul,

under 10.12 itā€™s working with this steps:

Installation steps
1 Install TotalFinder (or update TotalFinder) *tested with 1.8.1
2 Reboot into Recovery OS
3 Open Terminal from Utilities menu
4 Mount your main system disk - this depends on your setup, see explanation below
5 Move TotalFinder.osax from /Library/ScriptingAdditions to /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions on your system disk
6 Fix rights on newly moved folder root:wheel
7 Reboot
8 reinstall the current Version

:wink:

Thanks landru. Appreciate the reply. Iā€™ll give it another try (and let you know how I get on!)

I did this (move and chmod in Terminal from Recovery), and it worked. With v1.8.2 it seems it now works automatically!(?) :smile: I just updated, rebooted and it was working ā€¦ (And I have not disabled SIP)
(Iā€™m running macOS Sierra 10.12.2)