TotalSpaces2 status under macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Does the same thing happen if you change space using mission control?

No, which is strange. Since a couple of days ago, the menubar disappears and reappears randomly. Sometimes I had to restart to get the menubar back. During the morning today at work the menubar was gone on all spaces except one. Now in the evening, the menubar is back on all spaces.

I just installed the official 10.12. Should I use 2.3.11 or download the 2.4.4 beta? I want to run TotalSpaces2 just like I did in 10.11, i.e. with SIP fully enabled. Can I still do this?

Also, is there a reason why your front page only links to the page where you describe how to modify SIP to run on 10.11 or 10.12, instead of also to the page where you explain how to run TS with SIP fully enabled? Without knowing the technical details, it seems much better/safer to do the latter? If I didn’t have the old link, I would not have been able to even find the page “TotalSpaces2 with SIP fully enabled”.

Thank you for all the hard work. I really appreciate your continued support for Total Spaces. I couldn’t use a Mac without it!

http://totalspaces.binaryage.com/elcapitan
"How to run TotalSpaces2 on El Capitan or Sierra".

http://totalspaces.binaryage.com/elcapitan-with-sip
TotalSpaces2 with SIP fully enabled

Hi,

Using 2.4.6 on 10.12.

Seeing the same issue as other users, preferances says I have 16 Desktops, I cant delete or add obviously. There is no grid display.

If I hit the - button to delete some it locks up!

Please I can’t live without this?

Hello @Hawkcode ,

I had the same issue here on my 10.12 (after an update). Now it’s working with SIP partially disabled (the version installed is 2.4.6)
SIP partially disabled
csrutil enable --without debug

FYI, I tested also the installation TS2 with SIP fully enabled (as described here: http://totalspaces.binaryage.com/elcapitan-with-sip) and it doesn’t work anymore on Sierra (it worked on ElCapitan).

I can no longer boot into recovery mode since installing Sierra. So I cannot adjust SIP.
My MacPro did not seem to recognize my USB Nixeus keyboard and booted normally.
With a Mac keyboard, it gets to the bar and gets stuck.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

well, I switched to an apple keyboard instead of a USB nixues, and it seemed to recognize command-r, But it gets stuck part-way through the progress bar and never manages to boot into recovery mode. I have a SSD, so its unlikely I have disk problems.

I have sip partially disabled just as you indicated.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do?

Using Sierra 10.12 (beta) and TotalSpaces2 2.4.6. Definitely not a deal breaker but my transition animations consistently go the wrong way (i.e. right for left; left for right) in between desktop transitions. I’m a cube user but it’s consistent with all the other effect too.

Thanks for this awesome software, BTW! I couldn’t work without it!

What I’ve done to install TS2 on macOS Sierra (maybe it could help):

1. Uninstall all instances of TS2 on your Mac using the uninstaller provided into the installation package.
  2. Check if you have no older installation. You can type this command: sudo find / -iname "*totalspaces*"
  3. Delete all files founded by find, make sure that there is no package/files with the name TotalSpace.osaxs in those two directories:
    /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalSpaces.osaxs /Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalSpaces.osax
    You could have some files into the first directory /System/.. only if you’ve tried installation with SIP fully enabled (into recovery mode). If yes and you have some files here, let boot into recovery mode and delete it (you can do it in this folder only in this mode).
  4. Reboot into recovery mode.
  5. Enable SIP partially: csrutil enable --without debug
  6. Reboot and install the TS2 2.4.6 version.

Hope it helps!

This works fine under the official release of 10.12. But hot corners don’t work, I can only transition using the four-finger swipe.

Did all that exactly, after reinstalling no difference!

Not working at all :cry:
macOS 10.12 (16A323)
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.
TotalSpaces v2.4.6

• Circulation not working
  • Disabled Transitions not working
  • Hotcorners not working

FYI, everything worked fine until 10.12.1 (16B2333a) update. Oddly, booting into SIP only gave me a menu to select my language instead of allowing me to select the Terminal. No fun but have uninstalled and will wait for an update for the OS or TS2.

After testing version 2.4.9 with SIP disabled under 10.12.1 Beta (16B2548a), I can conclude that the issue as mentioned before still exist. The menubar in macOS Sierra is only visible on one space and not on the rest. A restart will bring back the menubar to all spaces.

Even if you get it installed it still beach-balls all over the place. I think this sort of utility is going to need a complete rewrite unfortunately.

Testing 2.4.9 trial on Sierra (with the ‘–without debug’ option for SIP) and it works beautifully!

Is there a way to show custom space names under the space thumbnails of Mission Control? (now that just shows ‘Desktop 1’, ‘Desktop 2’, etc…).