AppleScript problem

I have a simple script for connecting to a file server here at work. It’s always worked fine until I upgraded to Mavericks, it seems. Here’s the script:

tell application "TotalFinder" to open location "smb://dka229/CED_Lego_Digital/LD-Digital Development/Projects 2014/Star Wars"

Now whenever I save it as an application it replaces “TotalFinder” with “TotalFinderCrashWatcher”. It runs fine from the AppleScript editor, but won’t work as a standalone app.

There is nothing like TotalFinder application running. There is only Finder process with TotalFinder code injected into it.

Long story short: talk to Finder instead:

tell application "Finder" to open location "smb://dka229/CED_Lego_Digital/LD-Digital Development/Projects 2014/Star Wars"

More general info:
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/about

Thanks for the reply. It definitely used to work, though.

Ok, here’s the strange thing: if I keep TotalFinder in the script and run it from the editor it works. If I save it as an application it replaces it with TotalFinderCrashWatcher. If I replace it with Finder and run it from the editor nothing happens. When I save that as an app it doesn’t replace it, but it doesn’t work either.

I’m sorry my description was imprecise. Technically TotalFinder application is running, but it just a helper background app, it should not respond to your “open location” command.

I have just tried here another variant from command-line:

osascript -e 'tell application "Finder" to open "/Users" as POSIX file'

It works just fine here. I’m sorry I don’t have any smb mounts here, I cannot test your version of the command ATM.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I’ll have to poke around and see if I’m missing something else.