Feature Request: Have preference option to revert Green Button to pre-Yosemite action

I couldn’t find a topic addressing this, so forgive me if this has been covered, or if this is not the right place for this kind of post. I dislike Apple’s native full screen and am loathe to have to hold down option to maximize a window (it’s a little, petty thing, I know). I’d love for there to be an option in TF to revert the green button’s functionality to how it has been prior to Yosemite.

(Also curious about some functionality similar to what Powerboxinjector used to do, but I guess that’s for another place and possibly covered already)

This will be likely implemented by another standalone system-wide utility. Maybe I will do it, because I don’t like new mode too.

FYI, by holding option key during hovering, you get previous behaviour.

I considered it could be in something like Secrets or Yosemite Tweaks (not that Mavericks Tweaks ever came out), but I love TF so I thought of it first.

Yeah, the option key is fine for now. I just would love a way to neuter Apple’s new UX a little.

Thanks for the reply

I just did a bit of reverse-engineering of Y-DP6 and it does not look like they included easy system-wide switch to old behaviour.

The code can be patched but implementing system-wide utility would probably require to inject this patch into every cocoa app, which is too dangerous overkill IMO.

Makes sense. Thanks for taking a peek. I suppose I’ll just have to get over my annoyance then, eh? Ha. Thanks for your continued work on TF.

1 Like