Finder - High process utilization

It’s taken me awhile to limit this problem down to TotalFinder, but i haven’t been able to find another plausible culprit. The symptom is that when Finder is running on it’s own, it has normal process utilization (0-5% CPU), but when TotalFinder is also running Finder perpetually uses anywhere upwards of 80% CPU. Is anyone else having this problem? For me it’s gotten so bad that i’ve had to give up using TotalFinder, and i am now looking for a replacement (sadly).

OSX 10.6.8
TotalFinder 1.3.4

Yep, finding this to be a problem on mine as well… using 10.8.4.

It could be Folders on Top feature applied to folders with many many files. Or something else.

Maybe you guys could open Activity Monitor and sample Finder.app process while it is eating that much CPU. It could help me pinpoint the problem.

I am having a similar problem. I am running TotalFinder 1.4.24 on OSX 10.8.4. I noticed the problem a couple days ago on a slightly older version of TF (not sure which) and updated immediately, but this did not cure the problem. The problem is temporarily solved by relaunching Finder, CPU usage goes back up to 100%+. It doesn’t seem to happen when running Finder alone, although I haven’t proven conclusively that it’s due to TF since that’s what I use most of the time.

I am not sure if it is related to Folders on Top, because I haven’t had any changes to my folders.

I have sampled Finder when there is high utilization, and have it stored in a text file. However, it is too long to include in this reply.