Finders Preview in Column Mode wrong, "Folder first" listing not working

Hello,

I just did the System Integrity Protection “hack” to use TotalFinder again but there are strange habits now.

1. I’m always using the column mode of finder to browse my files and very often the preview of a file is wrong when I drag&drop files from one tab to another to move it. This lead to deleting various files accidentally as I trusted the preview that it’s a screenshot for example but actually it was a folder! Sometimes it displays correctly but mostly wrong. I can “reset” this by closing the tab and opening the location in a new tab again, but after a few seconds it’s wrong again. I’m not sure what triggers the behaviour but it was not there before I activated the Total Finder on El Capitan!
    Maybe this has something to do with the display of “hidden” files. I have the intention that if there are e.g. 3 hidden system files displayed the focus of the folders “shifts” by that number (3) down.

Sample:

• Folder 1
  • .systemfile1
  • .systemfile2
  • Folder 2
  • Image1.jpg
  • Folder3

When I click on Folder 2 in this sample it’s actually folder 3 as focus shifted by 2, maybe because of the 2 .hidden files.

1. I love the option of Total Finder to display folders first and then files but although I’ve enabled that feature files and folders are displayed alphabetically and not first folders and then files.

I’m using OS X 10.11 and Total Finder 1.7.3 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Looking forward to get a fix for this as I can’t continue to use TF with this errors and I absolutely love it usually :frowning:

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for detailed testing and reporting.

Please test the latest 1.7.8 on beta channel. These issues were caused by previous Folders on Top implementation. I had to find another solution and rewrite it from scratch in 1.7.5:
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes#latest

Thanks for the quick reply!
I just installed the 1.7.8 and in a quick view it seems to fix both issues :smile:

Great support, thanks! I’ll let you know if the issue reappears.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I just had the issue with the “shifted” fild/foldernames again.
The listing “folders first” is fixed but the initial issue still seems to be open.

Let me know if you need further info. :smile: