Folder Disclosure Triangles Missing

I use Get iPlayer Automator to download TV shows. The folders which this software creates inside the “TV shows” folder (and any folders that I create manually within the “TV shows” folder) have no black “disclosure triangles” to drop down the list of enclosed files.

It seems to affect only the one “TV shows” folder, which is on an external drive.
Folders I create within the affected folders do have a triangle so the fault is limited to one level only.
The “TV shows” folder itself has a triangle, as do all other folders on the external drive.

If I click on the disclosure triangle of the “TV shows” folder, the disclosed folders in the drop-down list now have triangles! So the effect occurs only when the “TV shows” folder is itself the viewing window.

A reboot didn’t fix it.

Screenshots here: http://www.duckpoo.com/TotalFinder/

Are you running TotalFinder without tabs feature enabled?

The screenshots look like they are taken from basic Finder.
Is this OS X 10.9 Mountain Lion? What version of TotalFinder do you use?

Ah, apologies! Why did I omit that information? Blame it on old age.

I’m running Mavericks 10.9.5 and TotalFinder 1.6.27

Yes, the tabs feature is turned off. The only feature I really want is coloured labels on filenames, although I might try tabs later if TotalFinder is stable enough to continue using.

It’s looking fairly certain that the problem is associated with Get iPlayer Automator 1.8.6

I’ve uninstalled TotalFinder and the problem persists.
(The triangles used to be there. It was the first thing my wife commented on this morning.)
I rebooted again.
Weird, huh?

Anyway, I’ve fixed the problem by creating a new folder and dragging all the folders into it. They now have disclosure triangles. Don’t you just love Mavericks?

I’m sorry to hear about the troubles. I’m glad you’ve found a workaround.