Fullscreen apps don't fit to their assigned screens

@stephen: The ability to disable the full-screen animation as @ggrocca pointed out would indeed be reason enough to buy this app. Any thoughts on this?

@demmeln The full screen background animation is disabled when you have transitions turned off. The zooming of the window isn’t though, but I can look at this.

Just wanted to chime in and agree here - I’d love it if there was an option to make fullscreen apps automatically take the space that they were opened in (basically so I don’t have to constantly drag it back to where I want it each time I do so) - you could maybe move all the other apps on that screen to the last desktop? (or maybe just have it function as it does currently, but have an option automatically swap the position of the new fullscreen space tacked on to the end with the desktop it was on previously?). Or, alternatively, have a way to set fullscreen apps to automatically open in a specific space (like the non-fullscreen apps)

@stephen: The issue many people are having and for which there seems to be no solution anywhere is disabling the zooming, or at least making it near-instant. Waiting a second or longer for an app to got to fullscreen is as annoying as non-instant switching between spaces. The latter is already fixed very nicely by total spaces.

@demmeln I spent a day earlier this week investigating whether this could be fixed. I did not, yet, find how this could be done. This particular animation is not done the same way as the space switches. But I will continue.

1 Like

@stephen: Thanks for looking into it, maybe you will find something. I just purchased TotalSpaces to support you.