Help icon in preferences window is not helpful

when i click the “?” (help) button in the Tabs section of TotalFinder’s preferences pane, i’m taken to a web page that gives an overview of tabs as they relate to TotalFinder; this is not what should happen. i should be taken to a rundown of what each option in the Tabs section of TotalFinder’s preferences pane does.

a help button with a question mark on it is supposed, and expected, to take the user to help on how to use the contents of the pane in which the help button appears; in the case of this help button, those contents are the controls (Disable tabs completely; Toggle Dual Mode; Use narrow Tabs Bar; Freelance Windows; Open new tabs with previous location) in the Tabs section of TotalFinder’s preferences pane. it’s not supposed to take one to an overview of the thing (tabs) controlled by the controls in the pane in which it appears.

please fix this help button so it will take users to help on how to use the actual pane in which it appears. thank you.

Good points. I’m going to improve the docs. It is on my list. btw. I have just redesigned the site a bit, documentation is next.

thanks - i’m glad you found the feedback useful and i’ll look forward to that update of the docs.

TotalFinder’s a great product - i probably don’t use the majority of its features, and now that tabs are native to Finder windows, i don’t even use that most basic of its features anymore, but i do use it for its cut-and-paste ability, and in my opinion that alone is worth the price of admission. thanks, and please keep up the great work.