Jump to space by number in Mavericks

Hi,

I see it is only possible to change spaces in two ways:

1. Shift to a space by using a shortcut + arrow keys
  2. Go to the overview grid then select a space

I would like to be able to jump to a specific space by using an absolute shortcut like: Control-1 for Space 1, Control-2 for the Space 2, and so on.

I know it’s possible to select a specific space by number once in the overview grid, but this is too slow :stuck_out_tongue: I would like to be able to instantly jump to a specific space with one keyboard shortcut.

Would it be possible to add this feature? It was available in OSX (described here) before they added the feature that “Displays have separate spaces”.

Thanks!
Dusan

It is possible. but the hotkeys you can set in TotalSpaces are positional only - they don’t refer to a particular space in a particular display, but just the position - so it depends on which display your cursor is in. The current display will move to the commanded space.

You set the hotkeys by clicking on the space representation in Layout prefs. See here:

http://totalspaces.binaryage.com/layout2

Thanks for the quick reply!

Positional hotkeys are exactly what I’m looking for! I didn’t realize I was able to click on the space representations in the Layout prefs.

I tried setting several different hotkeys and was not able to get any of them to work. The key combination is captured and set fine in the preferences pane; however, I just hear the “invalid key” sound every time I press the key combinations.

Any idea why it’s not working?

That’s odd. Usually that means the key wasn’t being set correctly.

Please see if restarting TotalSpaces makes any difference.

Yes that fixed it! Works perfectly now!

Thanks!