TF can sometimes force an unwanted space switch

Also, I am still getting the occasional unwanted Visor pop-up when I switch to a space with no open apps. This is after I input the boolean value you suggested above.

I will sit on it tomorrow and test it again. This sucks.

@posburn Finally, I took some time to revisit this again. I tested my debug build as well as TF release 1.5.9 under 10.9.2 with and without latest TS and my fix is effective. I’m no longer able to reproduce your behaviour in post 17.

Are you really sure you were testing the latest version?

btw. this is my mission control settings:

Any additional insights?

I’m considering sending you a debug build to see what will be reported in the debug console.

Hmm. Now I’m really confused. I am, in fact, using TF 1.5.9, from a fresh install (I uninstalled the older version first). My Mission Control settings aren’t that different from yours; “Displays have separate Spaces” is unchecked, the hotkeys are different.

I created a new user, logged in as that user, and I was not able to reproduce the problem by following the steps in post 17. No unwanted space switching, no unwanted sliding of Visor when I switched to an empty Space. Does this perhaps point to some system cruft or a corrupted plist file from a previous install? I did click the “Reset TotalFinder to Defaults” button under “About” in the prefs, but this did not fix anything. Perhaps a manual delete of the plist?

Or maybe there are some other apps I have running that could conflict with TF (Hyperdock, Hyperswitch, BetterTouchTool, Alfred 2, PopClip, etc.)? I tried disabling each of these apps, but there was no difference. I certainly could have missed something.

Any suggestions? I would also be happy to try a debug build and send you the output.

Sorry for all the frustration!

@darwin, I think I have solved my problem! On a whim, I decided to check the “Displays have separate Spaces” box in the Mission Control prefs. I logged out and back in and the problems seem to have disappeared! Seems odd that this would fix the issue, but it looks like that’s the story. I’ll let you know if it happens again.

I guess the test user I created worked okay because “Displays have separate Spaces” is the default setting. :wink: I had turned it off because I use my MBP for teaching presentations daily and it seems like the default setting caused me some issues. I’ll have to see if those other issues pop up again.

Thanks so much for all your help and patience!

Update: I do still occasionally get unwanted Visor pop-up when I switch to an empty space (despite the DontAutoSlideVisor boolean being checked in the plist file). Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find any rhyme or reason to this; it doesn’t happen every time, and there doesn’t appear to be any pattern. However, I think I can live with these Visor auto-slides.

I have not had any unwanted space switches, though! This is really the bigger deal in my opinion, so I’m happy. :smile:

1 Like