Total Finder Window Resize Lag in Dual Mode (TF v1.4.18)

Hello experts,

I really like Total Finder.

I just noticed a problem I have not seen before.

It may be important to note that I updated OSX from 10.8.3 to 10.8.5 on September 24 @ 21:30hrs (it is currently September 27 @ 11:00hrs). I suspect, but cannot say for certain, that the problem was introduced by 10.8.5 because I never noticed it before and I re-sized Finder in Dual Mode frequently.

However, it is very noticeable now, prompting me to search for support but to no avail.

Description:

I notice that in Dual Mode there is a significant and noticeable delay when re-sizing the Finder window - window movement lags well behind the cursor.

For example, move the bottom-right corner up and to the left, the cursor moves with the track pad (or mouse) motion but the Finder window following the cursor is significantly and noticeably delayed.

Switch out of Dual Mode and normal re-sizing behaviour returns.

I have made a video to better illustrate this problem. The quality of the video is poor but you can see the delay in Dual Mode:

http://www.screencast.com/t/dlUeEo8u

I have a Macbook Pro 17" Late 20111, 16GB memory, OSX 10.8.5, Total Finder 1.4.18

Any tips, tricks or pointers?

1 Like

Are you also noticing glitchy rendering when renaming a folder or file, particularly when the filename forces the text area to grow horizontally?

I’ve noticed the video glitch you’ve described and have logged it into our Issues queue.

Thanks for sharing!

I am not quite sure I completely understand what you mean. But I will keep an eye out for odd things when renaming and report back if I notice something.

Thanks for acknowledging my observation/issue and putting it in the “fix” queue.