TotalFinder Yosemite status

Please, please, please! I’m really struggling with this problem with version 1.6.17 and Yosemite. I haven’t been able to use TotalFinder for a couple of weeks and it’s really jacking up my workflow.

I am on a Mid 2012 Laptop running Yosemite. It is a fresh install of the Yosemite. Total Finder does not work. I was having random shutdowns and restarts and after uninstalling total finder the shut downs have stopped.

I am lost: I have been using TotalFinder on several different Macs with a number of OSX releases for the past years.
However - ever since I started moving towards Yosemite (first the various public betas, then the final release) TotalFinder crashes immediately when the system starts. I have tried every beta and recent release but the issue has remained unchanged:

• Boot into OSX with TotalFinder enabled: all default applications start, various apps start with their recent state before shutdown/sleep mode. Once TotalFinder has loaded the “rainbow ball” starts spinning immediately whenever I switch to Finder. Finder is unresponsive and I have to terminate it and switch into regular Finder. The problem persists whenever I try to restart/reload TotalFinder.
  • The same machine runs without a glitch with just the regular Finder

Any ideas which services or background processes I should check to find any incompatibilities?

Thanks

@rmmdoll can you please try to apply this tweak? TotalFinder hangs (or crashes) Finder at startup

Looking good! This seems to have worked. Fingers crossed!

Merci bien for responding so fast. Now I am a happy camper again - I really missed my TotalFinder!

1 Like

This worked. Total Finder is back up and working. You don’t know how much you rely on something until it does not work! Thanks for the fix.

should it look like this? note lack of padding above toolbar icons.

[edit] switching to ‘show icon only’ fixes this, but it still looks like crap if you want icons + text

1 Like

Same problem here.

Darwin, using 10.10.2 with dual monitors, I cannot drag my TotalFinder screen to the secondary monitor despite accessibility settings checked for total finder. Do I need to reboot for accessibility new changes?

Also, every new window I open in TF results in my having to adjust margin width. I also wish that the TF dock icon had a little TF in the icon so that there was NO doubt that TF was up and running.

I have 10.10.3 as my OS on my MACBookPro, running TotalFinder 1.6.17, When I minimize the window and then click on the finder Icon, nothing happens, i have to go to the right section of the dock and click on the minimized finder window to get the window to expand. Started when I started to use OS 10.10.3

Hi. I have the exact same problem as regmikewall, except for the fact I’m on an iMac. Same TF version. Today, TotalFinder crashed and disappeared completely. I had to power down the machine, a mere restart didn’t work. I had wanted to uninstall/reinstall, but after what I read I wonder if that makes any sense. It looks like the problem is between TotalFinder and mac os 10.10.3…

Hi Darwin,

Can you please look into my issue with TotalFinder?

“I have the latest TotalFinder 1.6.17 installed on 10.10.3. When I scroll up and down within a folder in Visor mode, it goes back to the root location showing all the drives connected within few seconds. This is driving me crazy! I just cannot navigate through directories.
Will there be an update soon?”

Thank you!

Will do tomorrow.

I’m sorry it took me so long. I believe I was able to find the problem and fix it for next 1.6.19 release on beta channel. Will post here the link once updated.

please update to http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes#1.6.18

please update to http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/beta-changes#1.6.18

Welcome back? May 15’ TotalFinder is great. Glad it was able to survive a long evolution of OS X without begin tending to for so long…

Totalfinder Visor does not work in Yosemite 10.10.3 even after installing and rebooting 1.6.23
Opt + Opt and custom Command U have no effect.