TotalSpaces2 disables "Show Desktop" gesture in Sierra

In Sierra TotalSpaces2 disables the Mac’s “Show Desktop” gesture (“Spread with thumb and three fingers”) when the TotalSpaces2 preference “Swipe to change space” is set to 4 fingers. Perhaps because they both use 4 fingers?

This did not happen under El Capitan. Why under Sierra? Or did it start with the last update?

1 Like

I think it was a consequence of the changes made to handle swiping required for Sierra.

I’m sorry I’m not sure this is going to be easy to fix, but I’ll check it.

(I use a hotcorner for Show Desktop but I do understand it’s not to everyone’s taste.)

Thanks, Stephen. I also set a hotcorner for this.

I really need the “show desktop” gesture functionality to come back. Hot corners on a 27" screen are bit awkward to say the least…

Anything?

Hi really sorry I don’t have a solution for this at the moment. The problem is that when 4 fingers are on the touchpad then TotalSpaces must assume that there might be a 4 fingered swipe, otherwise a system controller gesture could activate at the same time as the TotalSpaces gesture.

It would be nice if we could find a way to only disable the system swipe gestures, but I don’t see a way to do it.

Maybe I am missing something here, but if I want to see the desktop all I need to do is press the F11 key on the keyboard.