TotalSpaces2 update 2.0.17 on Mavericks 10.9.1 removes prior app space assignments

When I updated TotalSpaces2 with the latest update (2.0.17) on my MacAir (Mavericks 10.9.1) the prior app space assignments (numbered 2 through 17 and given unique names) were deleted and replaced with an assignment of All Spaces. Is there a way to preserve all prior preferences including app space assignments when going this update? Thank you for your feedback.

Hi, I don’t know why that happened.

There were a few changes in that area to support improved localisations - but shouldn’t affect anything if you use your mac set to English.

If you haven’t fixed it yet, I would be interested to see your prefs file (from ~/Library/Preferences/com.binaryage.TotalSpaces2.plist ) - send me that file ( ) and I can see if I can figure out what happened.

I have the same problem after updating to 2.0.17 on 10.9.1. All of my keyboard shortcuts, desktops, and application assignments have been reset. Seriously frustrating. Anyone know if the preference (.plist) file is backed up automatically by default somewhere before updates?

I just installed 2.0.11 on top of the previous update and my preferences are back—shortcuts, spaces, and assignments are all back to what I had prior to the .17 update. So there is definitely something strange with .17… Backing up the .plist now just in case.

I do not at the moment understand why this happens (and not for everyone - a couple of reports of it so far, and it didn’t come up during testing).

Just to double check, could it be anything to do with localisation - is your mac set to English?

Yes, it is set to English.

Your feedback is appreciated. My preferences were restored on the MacAir in question when I exited TotalSpaces2 and restarted the application. I had performed the update on that MacAir while TotalSpaces2 was running. I have another MacAir and an iMac running 10.9.1 that I have not yet updated. I do an update on the second MacAir (first saving the plist bindings) and see if the problem re-occurs.

My MacAirs were set to English. The problem did not re-occur when I upgraded 2.0.17 on my other MacAir and the iMac running Mavericks 10.9.1. It may have been a caching issue with respect to the plists. In any event now all is running as expected on 2.0.17 and now Mavericks 10.9.2 on the three systems. Thanks for your support.

Ok, thanks for letting us know!