View previous folders with swipe movements

After the last update I think the feature swipe with (3) fingers back-/forwards to view previous folders has lost it’s function. It doesn’t work, at least for me every time… cus it shouldn’t be my new Mac with OS updated (OS X 10.8.4) and I’m running TotalFinder 1.4.18.

Has somebody else the same problem? I have already speaked to Antonin about it and he asked me to put up a topic about it…

Thanks in advance!

Anyone? Please don’t be shy and report it here :slight_smile:

I have never used this feature. Is there a setting somewhere to turn it on? All I know is that when I swipe in the Visor, I am not taken back or forward to previous folders. It appears to not work at all.

OS X 10.8.4, TF 1.4.18

01 February here, STILL having this problem with OS X 10.9.1 and TotalFinder 1.5.9. :-\

Same here rubbercake, this might isn’t a function that should work? But as I remember I used this on a daily basis before I reported the problem in the summer of 2013. Does it work without TotalFinder (Can someone test)? I tried the swipe function in “regular” finder and it doesn’t seem to work there either. But the installation of TF might is blocking something, I don’t know. Because as I can recall my problems started after I enabled Visor, but I’m not sure when some people here doesn’t even report the same problem; many readers but just a few answers and posburn asks if there is a setting that turns it on…

OS X 10.9.1 & TF 1.5.6 (I’m not a beta-tester)

I should not interfere with mouse behaviour of regular Finder. Only exception is dragging whole window via Finder’s toolbar. That is a hack.

Please try it under plain Finder.app. Simply force quit Finder.app via CMD+OPT+ESC and test it in regular Finder.

Not a solution but maybe a workaround. You can use BetterTouchTool to set up a custom gesture. I use the 3 finger swipe to do the same action on multiple apps, each with its own shortcut.