Mavericks - Totalspaces notification graphic not vanishing after transition

Exactly as the title says, recently I’ve had a problem with Totalspaces where the notification graphic doesn’t fade after a desktop change. It vanishes as soon as the keyboard is touched or a mouse button clicked.

I am using the latest versions of Mavericks and TS2. I activate TS2 using keyboard shortcuts, triggered by an XML script in KeyboardRemap4Macbook which converts a tap of Option_L and Command_L to the equivalent left and right movements.

I’ve been using this setup for a while and it has been fine. Not sure what has changed but it went away once after a restart, but then reappeared - once it kicks in it happens consistently until a restart.

Hi Mike,

TotalSpaces checks whether any mod keys are held down when the space is changed, and if so it waits for the mod key state to change before removing the graphic. This is nice when you use them to change space, so you can see the graphic for as long as you hold the mod keys down.

I’m not sure what’s happening here when using KeyboardRemap4Macbook - obviously TS for some reason is not getting the signal that the mod key state changed after the space move.

If you send me your xml file (or the relevant part of it) I’ll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Sure : )

<!--  space switching -->
    <item>
        <name>Command space switching</name>
        <identifier>private.command_space_switching</identifier>
        <autogen>
            --KeyOverlaidModifier-- 
            KeyCode::OPTION_L, 
            KeyCode::OPTION_L, 
            KeyCode::CURSOR_LEFT, ModifierFlag::CONTROL_L
        </autogen>
        <autogen>
            --KeyOverlaidModifier-- 
            KeyCode::COMMAND_L,
            KeyCode::COMMAND_L, 
            KeyCode::CURSOR_RIGHT, ModifierFlag::CONTROL_L       
        </autogen>
        <autogen>
            --KeyOverlaidModifier-- 
            KeyCode::SHIFT_R, ModifierFlag::OPTION_R,
            KeyCode::SHIFT_R, 
            KeyCode::CURSOR_RIGHT, ModifierFlag::CONTROL_L
        </autogen>
        <autogen>
            --KeyOverlaidModifier-- 
            KeyCode::COMMAND_R, ModifierFlag::SHIFT_R,
            KeyCode::COMMAND_R, 
            KeyCode::CURSOR_LEFT, ModifierFlag::CONTROL_L       
        </autogen>
    </item>

I have been playing with this, but I haven’t managed to reproduce the problem yet, I will try some more (unless you have any specific steps to reproduce?)