10.9.3 & TotalFinder giving spinning beach ball when switching to Finder

I think 10.9.3 broke something in TotalFinder or just broke something in general with respect to the Finder.
Everytime I switch back to the Finder I get up to half a minute of spinning beach ball. I have uninstalled it & then re-installed it with no change in this behaviour. I really hate Mavericks, it has been nothing but a continuous series of little to medium things not working or just off enough to have pushed me back to Mountain Lion a couple of times now.

Here is the corresponding Console entry:
Jun 1 17:05:59 mba13.local WindowServer[107]: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application “Finder” for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.
Jun 1 17:06:13 mba13.local WindowServer[107]: disable_update_likely_unbalanced: UI updates still disabled by application “Finder” after 15.00 seconds (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds). Likely an unbalanced disableUpdate call.
Jun 1 17:06:28 mba13.local WindowServer[107]: common_reenable_update: UI updates were finally reenabled by application “Finder” after 30.12 seconds (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds)

No advice to add to the thread, but just to say that I’m also seeing the same behaviour on 10.8.5 for the last couple of days. I can’t say I’m certain, but I think the behaviour has coincided with the installation of the latest security update (2014-002) which I had applied around the same timeframe as the issues I’m seeing.

I’m see similar entries appearing in my system.log at the time I’m experiencing the problem:

Jun 1 19:31:08 mac.local WindowServer[6085]: CGXDisableUpdate: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application “Finder” for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.
Jun 1 19:31:22 mac.local WindowServer[6085]: disable_update_likely_unbalanced: UI updates still disabled by application “Finder” after 15.00 seconds (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds). Likely an unbalanced disableUpdate call.
Jun 1 19:31:36 mac.local acwebsecagent[19527]: TUpdater : Downloading tower details…
Jun 1 19:31:36 mac.local acwebsecagent[19527]: TUpdater : Downloading directly from tower
Jun 1 19:31:37 mac.local WindowServer[6085]: reenable_update_for_connection: UI updates were finally reenabled by application “Finder” after 30.07 seconds (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds)

I’m curious. Could you guys try to Repair Disk Permissions via Disk Utility.app? It won’t probably help. I just got an email from another user who claimed this was one of things he did to fix the problem.

Please follow this thread. I think I have fixed it in 1.6.1 (will be released today):