Always glitches out, can't switch apps when disconnecting from monitors 2.3.9

This never used to happen until I upgraded to the latest version. Every time I disconnect from multiple monitors, the app locks me into the current app that is in the foreground. IE the taskbar at the top will say “Chrome” and have all the chrome menu items and I can’t click away. Most of the time all my icons like volume, wifi, and totalspaces itself disappears.

Sometimes this doesn’t happen, so I can right click totalspaces, and quit, and then suddenly, everything will be good again.

But when im in the glitched out state, I cant even log off, shut down or do anything else. I have to force shut down.

Wow, very strange. Can you confirm your OS version please. Also, how many monitors are we talking about?

OSX yosemite 10.10.3
MacBook Pro Retina 2015
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

It may not be multiple monitors per se, but the transition from one monitor to the other. IE, I’ll have one big mac monitor plugged in through the thunderbolt port. My laptop’s monitor is closed. Then I unplug the big monitr, open up my laptop, and boom, glitch.

The one monitor is arbitrary, but I’ve had it happen with 2 external monitors as well.

We haven’t had any other reports of this behavior. Sometimes these can look like TS2 problems, when really it’s something systemwide. Because TS2 restarts the Dock.app process when you quit, it can look like quitting TS2 fixed the problem. When really it was the Dock restart that did the trick.

So next time you see this issue, please open Terminal and type “killall Dock” (without the quotes) then the return key. Let me if this resolves the issue for you, that will give us a good direction to better understand the nature of this problem.