[BUG] Name and icon of file/folder are visually cloned upon new file save (refresh issue)

Hi, I’m experiencing a really annoying bug which is totally disrupting my workflow and causing me headaches.
As you can see in the screenshots below, the weird issue is occurring every time I’m saving a file basically anywhere on my computer.
When using the List icons view, any newly-saved file will cause the top-most item (regardless whether it’s a folder, or a file) to be visually cloned upon new file saving. This happens only if a TotalFinder window is already open on that specific location. In order to be able to figure out which is the newly-saved file, I need to either change the view from List, to Icons, Columns, or Cover Flow in the folder’s View options, or close and then re-open the folder altogether. As you can imagine, this whole process is quite frustrating, not to mention time-consuming.

Is there anything that could be done to fix this?

Thank you.

Seriously now, isn’t there anyone who could help me figure out a solution to this annoying problem? It’s incredibly frustrating, as I’m wasting so much time doing the same thing again and again…

refresh the page is simple

Seriously? Simple, yet totally disruptive. Especially when you’re doing this hundreds of times a day. But thanks for your completely useless input.

Hello GeekRider,

I’ve exactly the same problem which is absolutely annoying.
Could you find a solution so far?

Hey there syrus.

Now that’s one old post hehe :slight_smile:

You’re probably using an older TF version, the issue that I described above doesn’t happen anymore since a long time ago. Just FYI, I’m running TF version 1.11.8 on High Sierra 10.13.6 / early 2015 15" MBP

Hi,

thanks for your quick response. I think that’s maybe the reason, because my MBP is 2009 with El Capitan running with TF version 1.11.8.