Bug: Switching to an empty desktop via Mission Control causes an auto-switch to the previous desktop with content

This issue is similar to an issue I discussed with support via email in December of 2017.

Setup:
4 desktops, 2x2. Finder on 1. Chrome on 2. 3 & 4, empty. Mission Control set to top-right hot corner.

Behavior:
Use Mission Control to select the desktop containing Finder. TotalSpaces switches to it. Use Mission Control to select an empty desktop. TotalSpaces switches to it. TotalSpaces then auto-switches back to the desktop with Finder.

Sometimes, the same behavior happens when first selecting the desktop with Chrome instead of Finder. This behavior is not consistent. The Finder-related behavior appears to be.

Any ideas what is going on?

-n

1 Like

At least I can’t reproduce this behaviour locally on my machine, but perhaps you have an earlier macOS - what version of macOS are you running?

I am on macOS 10.13.4, TotalSpaces2 v2.6.24. Don’t think there’s much to see, but I could record a video if you’d like. Is there any debug logging I could provide?

I also notice this happening when closing the last app on a desktop. It will auto-switch to another desktop … which I suspect was the last one used prior to being on the one that had the closed app.

What could I provide that would help diagnose this issue?

I have had the same problem for months with Mac OS 10.13.6 (17G65) & TotalSpaces2 2.7.6. Switching between apps (usually Chrome shows the problem, but also Texedit & Finder) with command+tab results in TotalSpaces suddenly flipping focus to a different desktop.