Can no longer access overview grid

I can’t seem to access the overview grid any more. Keyboard shortcuts let me access each desktop, as does clicking on that desktop name in the dropdown menu that appears when I click on the menu-bar icon. But neither keyboard shortcuts or clicking ‘overview grid’ in the dropdown menu gets me to the overview grid.

I’ve

• restarted totalspaces

• restarted my computer

• changed the keyboard shortcut
    for the overview grid

And no luck. Any other ideas?

I’m using OSX 10.8.3.

Thanks,
LB

You could try the following:

1. quit TotalSpaces
  2. in Finder select the menu item Go > Got to Folder…
  3. type ~/Library/Preferences and press Go
  4. locate com.binaryage.TotalSpaces.plist
  5. move it to your desktop
  6. launch TotalSpaces.

You’ll lose your preferences, but if the grid is back, that’d be worth it.

If that works, keep your old com.binaryage.TotalSpaces.plist file so you can send it to Stephen in case he asks for it. And if that didn’t help, you can restore your preferences by moving the plist back to your Preferences folder (while TotalSpaces is not running).

Good luck,

Philippe

Also check you are running the latest TotalSpaces (1.2.9). Post here again if you still have problems.

I’ve lost the ability to access overview function with mouse button 2 it worked before upgrade the mouse choice shows mouse button 3 4 5 but not 2 now.

Hi… we haven’t had an option for the 2nd mouse button (because that is used in the system and in many apps many apps for accessing additional functionality (“right clicking”)).

So it’s always been 3, 4 or 5. I wonder how you had it set up before - do you have some app that maps your mouse buttons somehow?