Can we define our own hot keys again please (not require us to use the arrows)?

I updated to Mavericks, and had to update to v2 here. The hotkeys to change spaces now seem limited to using the arrow keys with a modifier. Can we get the option back to define our own hot keys to move between spaces please? Being required to use the arrow keys is a non starter here (Kinesis advantage keyboard, so the left/right arrows are on a different hand to the up/down keys).

Please, please bring back the non-arrow-key change hotkeys! I personally use I-J-K-L so they’re right under my hand. I don’t see any new features I want and losing customization of this is a major step back from V1.

Ah ok, I have had a couple of requests for this now. This was done to make it possible to easy to configure the ‘move window’ hotkeys without having a bunch of separate hotkey recorders. But I understand that there are a few people who don’t use the arrow keys.

I would be prepared to add a “custom” button that would allow you to do this, I think that can be done without damaging the simpler interface. Leave it with me.

1 Like

Excellent stuff! Looking forward to it. You would not believe how many times today my muscle memory has thrown me!

Cheers

I agree – this is important

+1

After upgrading to Mavericks, I was shocked because this feature is removed. I really don’t understand why…

It’s at the top of the list, just had to get a few bug fixes out today.

1 Like

+1 for this feature. I depend on this.

+1 I need this feature

Please update to v2.0.5. You can use the new Custom settings in Hotkeys prefs to set whatever hotkeys you wish.

1 Like

Brilliant! Much appreciated.

A+ for the turnaround on this. Thanks so much, you guys rock!

Thank you so much, it’s surprising-but-not-really how big a deal this is. I use these hotkeys hundreds or thousands of times a day, and having them on the home row is a real pleasure. I also think you did a great job making the preferences widgets for it perfectly intuitive without losing the simplicity you gained by forcing arrows in the earlier version.

Thanks!

By the way there was a bug in 2.0.5 if you assign custom settings to both change space and move window hotkeys. If you come across it please install http://downloads.binaryage.com/TotalSpaces2-2.0.6.zip

What does ‘Move Window’ mean. What is supposed to happen if you select it. I understand Change Space

It means when you change space the currently active window will come with you to the new space.

It’s a quick way of moving the work you are doing to an adjacent space.

That’s helpful and it could be useful. I’ve set it up. Thanks