Can we help test Total Spaces 3 if we have Apple silicon?

Has anyone tested with MacOS 12.3 yet?

Yes, TS3 works in 12.3

1 Like

Popping in again to see if the transitions issue has been resolved.

For clarity, the menu bar items + desktop icons disappear briefly and take about a second to come back.

I have the same issue, and I haven’t seen any updates.

No, for me TS3 stopped working as soon as I’ve installed MacOS 12.3.
My mac is half unuseful without TS3, I just can’t work. :confused:

If you stop developing of TotalSpace please open-source your code to let the community follow up on the development.

What can we do to help you?

I have placed a comment on Apple developer forum, could you all up-rank my comment to aware Apple of the importance of this plug-in.
(who knows, maybe it can help)

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/702576

2 Likes

It works, it works!

But maybe I should try it on a Mac Studio …

Yes, it works (MBP M1 Pro 14’’)

1 Like

Unfortunately @stephen doesn’t seem to login here anymore.

https://discuss.binaryage.com/g/moderators?order=last_seen_at

Maybe @darwin can help us ? He seems alive.

Apparently they’ve completely ghosted their customers :sob:

Are they Ukrainian ? Ukrainian or not, hope they are fine…

Nope; TS3 broke again almost immediately----not possible to start the app successfully at all.
Double-click TS3 and it tries to open but does not.

BUT, I have set up a new, fresh user account, and TS3 works fine for nearly a week now.
So there must have been something loading with my previous user account that was preventing TS3 from starting. I’ll probably never know which one!!

Mac OS Monterey 12.3 and 12.3.1

1 Like

Or Russians… You never know what might happen to a person. Unfortunately TS3 is closed source and therefore there is no potential new maintainer.

Starting from today, I have the same problem. And I immediately feel the pain to be without TS.

1 Like

Works perfectly on 12.3.1 here.
Can’t we gather some money for the Binaryage team to open-source the project ? It seems that we are enough people to have this software as a critical piece of our workflow. I’m ready to pay and to (try) to collaborate for the next updates of the project. This project is too useful for a lot of us to go to the trash !

If you’re able to contact them then let us know what they say :slight_smile:

Hi guys, I did contact them recently (The developer in charge, Stephen). I believe we will have an update status coming this Easter. I’m also a TS3 user on M1.
Best

2 Likes

I don’t want an open source project I have to maintain, I want to pay someone a subscription to maintain TS so that I never have to live without it

Hi @zouloux,

I have thought the same and I am willing to support your suggestion. An alternative could be to start a bounty for an alternative implementation.

Oliver

1 Like

Which is great until it isn’t :wink:

2 Likes