Disable switch to assigned space when space-assigned app starts

I’ve got two apps that run at startup and display a window (regardless of whether they’re set to “hide” or not). In order to work around this annoyance, I’ve assigned both of them to appear on Space 4 (my least-used space). However, during login, when those two apps are started, TotalSpaces switches to space 4. I would very much like a way to toggle this behavior so that the apps can start up on space 4 (behind the scenes) but I stay on space 1 at login.

Is this possible? What would it take to get this feature added?

Try turning off “When switching to an application, switch to a Space with open windows for the application” in System Preferences/Mission control.
However, I think you may not want this as your normal setting, only on startup.
And I don’t know if I can fix it.

I do have an outstanding item on my todos to investigate the possibility of disabling app-demanded space switches in certain circumstances. However, during startup I am uncertain if TotalSpaces2 will be fully loaded in time to prevent the system from doing its normal thing. (I suspect it won’t be.)

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, as you mentioned, that behavior isn’t something I’d want all the time.

Fortunately, I was informed that the applications I was fighting with have been updated recently. The update solved the issue where they opened themselves during login and remained open (they now auto-hide after load).

So, my feature request could still be useful to some in the future, but for me I think I’m good to go for the time being.

Thanks again!