Future support of Apple Silicon Macs?

Can you (or anyone else) confirm that the current version works on the new MacBook M1 running big sur?

Thanks!

TotalSpaces2 does not work on the apple silicon platform. TotalSpaces3 will, but I’m sorry you will have to wait a bit longer for it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification, Stephen. And thanks for you and your team’s hard work helping all of us Mac users get more out of our machines!

TotalSpaces2 is a really important part of my workflow :slight_smile:

I have a M1 Mac Mini and I am really looking forward to TotalSpaces3.

Does TotalSpaces2 work on Big Sur on a M1 machine using Rosetta 2 until TotalSpaces3 is released?

Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

Take my money now !! love the product !!

There is no chance TotalSpaces2 will work under Rosetta 2, sorry.

I will post here once we have a early test version of TotalSpaces3.

2 Likes

I’m also looking forward to paying for TS3. Is there an announcement email list for such things, or is the only option to subscribe to the TS forums?

+1 on support for future MacOS versions and Macs with M-series chips, having a large number of spaces is critical to my workflow and I’ll happily pay a premium for it

2 Likes

Send me a direct message if you’d like to test an early version of TS3. M1 Macs only.

7 Likes

Just a quick one; will TS3 also support Intel Macs still? I’m hopeful that whichever alternative approach you’re taking doesn’t require SIP to be disabled. I actually don’t think I could use MacOS without TotalSpaces, so as with the other people here, I’m more than ready to pay!

1 Like

It’s harder to make TS3 performant on Intel Macs, but I can probably make a universal version if you want to try it (but that won’t be done yet).

2 Likes

Whenever that becomes available, I’d certainly be willing to try it out and report back!

I don’t have a Apple Silicon Mac (yet).
TS is very prominent used during my working days.
My hope is that TS3 will be an universal version
If TS3 is a universal version I will buy TS3 immediately when released.
Keep up the very good work @Stephen!

1 Like

Free rounds of coffee on me!..

Hey Stephen, can I test the new version of TS3 on my m1-Mac?
Thanks for the good work!

Seconded, if you need M1 beta testers, sign me up! :smiley:

Oh man, I didn’t realize how much I would miss TotalSpaces when I switched to my M1 MacBook Air. I would like to add my name to the list of potential testers of TotalSpaces 3 when that becomes available.

TotalSpaces is an awesome product, and I’ve been using it for 5+ years, and I absolutely love it. Happy to pay for an upgrade.

1 Like

I’m in for the Beta as well. Yours is the most important App in my Mac-World, and my M1 is already annoying me.

Oh - yes, and please do not hesitate to name your price - off course I will pay for a T3 - once available !

Me too. Total Spaces is one of the most usefull Apps on my Mac. As someone here said before: Without it I feel trapped!
I would definitely pay for the update as well!

Hi @stephen, I’m very happy to be a beta tester as well!