How the current space is indicated in the menu bar

TotalSpaces is currently showing a “2” in the menu bar. But when I click on it, I’m informed that I’m actually looking at “Desktop 1”. This is a little unintuitive.

I’d propose that the Dashboard be treated as “Desktop 0” so that the displayed digit matches the default desktop name. In other words, if the menu bar is showing “2”, I should be on Desktop 2, not Desktop 1. And when I’m on Desktop 1, the menu bar should indicate “1”.

I take your point, in the default configuration this looks confusing.

There are two workarounds:

You can actually drag the dashboard to any position in the grid you like (you can do it in the overview grid, or in mission control). So that might help.

Or you can rename the desktops in Layout preferences in TotalSpaces by clicking on the space numbers.

I still don’t understand how can I make the Dashboard space 0 and another question:

I have 15 spaces and I have not been able to create a shortcut to go above space 11 and in that one I click OPTION+CONTROL+the number that correspond to the space minus 10, for example for space 11 I key OPTION+CONTROL+1 but it does not work for spaces 12, 13, 14 or 15, Why?

I still don’t understand how can I make the Dashboard space 0 and another question:

You can’t do exactly that, but what I meant was that you could either drag it so it isn’t in the top-leftmost position, or you could rename the other desktops so that the numbers in the names start at 2.

You have discovered a bug! TotalSpaces2 will not register shortcuts for new spaces until it has been restarted. Please quit and restart TotalSpaces2, that should fix it - and I’ll fix it in the next release after 2.2.9.