Icon on finder sidebar shows with Document icon instead of a harddrive icon

Hi,
I just got off the phone with Apple to resolve this issue as an icon which shows fine when one goes to get info does not similarly show in the finder sidebar as such, it rather shows a document icon which is wrong. Apple said it is Totalfinder.

I have just installed the newest update of totalfinder which resolves the dock icon but this is a harddrive icon which is on the Finder sidebar. Please help. I can send you a screenshot if you want.Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 14.59.08

Are you using latest Big Sur macOS? Do you have enabled “Show sidebar icons in color” in TotalFinder preferences?

Please consider sending me your diagnostics report:

Thanks, Darwin, I’ve just sent you the diagnostics
Are you using latest Big Sur macOS? Yes,
Do you have enabled “Show sidebar icons in color” in TotalFinder preferences? Yes

I have the same problem :frowning:
SideBar icons

Yes same issue… every new portable disk device I plug gets this icon. Yes I have colourful icons ON.

Mind you, i get this icon even when I restart Finder and no TF active. I did not think it was a TF issue and was looking to convert drive icons into custom icons (need the TF plist scripting for that if anyone can help)

UPDATE :- Found the issue thru a colleague in Discord. If you are using the BetterZip extension that is what is causing this issue. Turn OFF and drives go back to normal.

If you are using BetterZip Finder extension turn it OFF , that resolved my issue.