macOS Monterey 12.5 Beta 5 (21G5063a) breaks TotalFinder (actually AppleScript)

TF 1.14.2 on macOS Monterey. Latest beta (21G5063a) breaks AppleScript completely (here), and since it seems TF relies on AppleScript for injection, TF is also broken.

Hopefully Apple will fix this shortly (since breaking AppleScript seems… kinda a big deal). Posting this mainly as a PSA: do not install Monterey 12.5 beta 5 unless it is absolutely necessary for you.

1 Like

Thanks for heads up. I confirm that it broke on my machine too.

$ sw_vers
ProductName: macOS
ProductVersion: 12.5
BuildVersion: 21G5063a

Some with me. With 12.5 TotalFinder doesn’t work. Tks

Did you go to the TotalFinder website page and click on the Products/TotalFinder page and click the procedure in red under the Download V1.14.2? Is SIP disabled? Did yo change the System Protection level in Recovery mode? I had to do all these things to make the program work. I’m not running it in Version 13.0 Beta (22A5295h) with no problems but with some missing features.

Yes, SIP disable

Are you running on Intel or M1?

2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Okay, my mistaken assumption that you may be on a M1 Mac. I successfully ran TF on Monterey betas up to the start of the os13 beta start. Did it run on previous betas of Monterey? Is this a new problem or an ongoing problem wiht Monterey?

It’s a new problem just after Beta5. I run Uninstall and new Installation after that. If I open Activity Monitor he is running but nothing happen. If I go to Preferences in Finder he is not there.

FYI, latest system update fixed the issue for me:

$ sw_vers
ProductName:	macOS
ProductVersion:	12.5
BuildVersion:	21G69
1 Like

Yep, the latest build 21G69 allows Totalfinder to work again.

Thanks, @darwin. Can also confirm the issue is resolved with the latest build of Monterey. Thankfully this issue was short-lived!

Get used to the idea that some beta updates break different things. I’ve had copy/paste from local HD to NAS broken a number of times. It’ll get fixed in one update and broken (again) in the next. Life of a beta tester.

Yes, working with 12.5 final

Monterey build 21G72 is working well on my MBP 11,5