One space desktop background differs from all the other spaces

I am running 2.0.17 on Mavericks 10.9.2 on a late 2009 iMac with 16 spaces + dashboard space (3C x 6R) and dual monitors. All spaces except one (space 6) display a custom desktop background. Space 6 (both monitors) displays a blue desktop background. Reset of the desktop background in System Preferences does not make all backgrounds the same. Logout and/or reboot does not reset the background to the custom background. Thanks for your feedback and support.

The technique I use to change the desktop backgrounds is to make sure System Preferences is closed, then to go to the desktop I want to change. Then control-click on the desktop and choose Change desktop background from the menu.

Sometimes at this point I have to click on the System Preferences icon in the dock for the prefs window to show (I don’t know why).

Anyway, once I have the prefs up, I can change the background for that particular desktop.

So if you do this on your problematic desktop, does it then change?

That technique did not work in my case. I appreciate your follow-up.

I tried an experiment whereby the space in which System Preferences is displayed was changed to the space with the different (blue) background and then resetting the custom desktop background. That fix worked. Hence, I have a workaround. Thank you for your help.

Hi, yes, I agree - I think you need to have the prefs displaying on the desktop you wish to change.

Good you have it fixed!