OneDrive + TotalFinder

I’ve unfortunately had to migrate away from using Dropbox as my preferred file syncing utility and have moved over to OneDrive (corporate policy - yaaaay).

It seems like something to do with TotalFinder causes OneDrive to constantly keep syncing and recalculating things - the moment that I turn TotalFinder off CPU usage for OneDrive drops, and the Syncing Process also stops.

Has anyone come across this issue, or does anyone know what causes it - I’d be gutted to not be able to use TotalFinder anymore.

I don’t know what is going on. Maybe I could help you troubleshoot it a bit more:

In Terminal.app run this:

ls /Applications/TotalFinder.app/Contents/Resources/TotalFinder.bundle/Contents/PlugIns | xargs basename -s .bundle

This will give you list of all TotalFinder plugin names:

ColorfulSidebar
ColumnViewAutoWidth
CopyPathMenu
CutAndPaste
DockProgressBar
FoldersOnTop
Labels
NoDesktopDots
SystemFiles
Tabs
Visor

You can then disable them one by one via

defaults write com.binaryage.totalfinder TotalFinderColorfulSidebarDisabled -bool yes

Replace “ColorfulSidebar” with particular plugin name. You have to restart Finder and TotalFinder for this to take effect. E.g. via CMD+OPT+ESC and launching /Applications/TotalFinder.app again.

To remove disabled tweak:

defaults delete com.binaryage.totalfinder TotalFinderColorfulSidebarDisabled

I wonder if you will be able to identify which plugin is causing this. Or maybe even TotalFinder without any plugins is already causing it?