Pixelated Microsoft Remote Desktop screens

Recently I’ve having a problem with Microsoft Remote Desktop screens becoming pixelated and basically unusable. I have uninstalled/reinstalled RDP with no help.

I’ve also uninstalled TS2 and reinstalled it, also with no help.

I’m running MacOS 10.15.6, RDP 10.4.0 (1811), TS2 2.8.12.

What I found is that this problem ONLY occurs when I display the grid to switch screens. If I scroll left/right/up/down to get to a screen, the RDP session is fine. It’s only when I display the TS2 grid and then go back to the RDP screen it becomes pixelated and unusable. The way to fix it is to kill the RDP session and reconnect. It then works fine until I display the grid again and then back to the same problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,
Bob

Hello All,
I have just upgraded to MacOS Catalina (10.15.7) from Mojave and have this exact same problem as described by Bob. I even upgraded to Microsoft RDP beta (Version 10.6.0 (1859)) in the hope that this changes the nature of the problem. However from playing around with ‘what works and what doesn’t’ it really looks like some kind of TotalSpaces2 MS-RDP clash. I am also on the latest version of TS2 (v2.8.12)

However, no one else has replied to this thread so I guess most have moved onto another RDP client which doesn’t show this problem.

Any other observations or resolutions or replies will be greatly appreciated.

GC

Hi Geeker_Chick.

I upgraded to Big Sur (11.1) a few weeks and the RDP screen problem went away. The problem was Mac OS, obviously. Be careful going to 11.1 because it completely broke Citrix Share Files and I’ve read that many people had nightmares with other software. Fortunately for me, it was just Citrix which is now fixed.

Make sure you do a complete backup before attempting any upgrades.

Bob