Hello TF team,
I am seeing different Finder/TF behavior in Mojave but not Sierra. I work with a ton of photos and often need move them to different folders. Here is the use case that works on Sierra:
- Go to a folder with images (folder sort does not matter)
- Click on an image in the middle of the Finder window (need images above the clicked image), then hit Spacebar to enable the Quick Look view of that image
- Press Shift and then the Up arrow; this now highlights the original image and the image above it and the Quick Look view changes to the image above the original
- Keeping Shift pressed, hit Up arrow again and the Quick Look view goes to the image above the previous and we have have 3 files highlighted
- Continuing this behavior allows one to see the images that are being selected by holding the Shift key
- Files can now be dragged to a different folder
Note…this behavior only works going up. You can select multiple images with the down arrow however the Quick Look view does not change.
When I follow these exact steps on Mojave, the Quick Look view does not change with each press of the Up arrow. Both MBPs are running TF 1.11.8. Is this a TF bug or something related to the View changes that are part of Mojave? I skipped High Sierra on all of my machines so I don’t know if this appeared in that release or Mojave.