Restricting a process (not App) to a desktop

Hi there,

I’m aware that you can lock down an Application to a specific virtual desktop, which is excellent and something I use frequently, especially when I’m plotting charts with gnuplot and AquaTerm, where there is a standalone AquaTerm application.

I’ve recently started to plot charts using the QT terminal in gnuplot, which opens a specific binary, not really an application:

$ file /usr/local/Cellar/gnuplot/5.0.6/libexec/gnuplot/5.0/gnuplot_qt
/usr/local/Cellar/gnuplot/5.0.6/libexec/gnuplot/5.0/gnuplot_qt: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

So gnuplot invokes gnuplot_qt to draw the chart, however it opens this up on the current virtual desktop and as there can sometimes be 50 charts to plot, at different speeds, I essentially have to sit and wait for it to complete.
I can’t give this binary to TotalSpaces as an application, so I was wondering if there’s any way to lock down a process/binary to a specific desktop?

I appreciate this is probably more an RFE than anything else but figured I’d check anyhow.

Many thanks,

Jason

That’s an interesting case, but I’m sorry to say I don’t have any ready solution.

Possibly you could move the windows out of the way using a program written using the TotalSpaces2 API. it would have to poll frequently for new windows though.