TotalFinder not starting up

Hello!
I’ve been having this problem for a while, not just with this version of TotalFinder or OSX. Currently I’m on 10.9.3 and TotalFinder 1.6. I install TF and works fine. Once I turn off the computer and start it again TF won’t start. If you try to open it manually from the Apps folder nothing happens. It only works if you reinstall it but just during that session. When you turn off the computer it won’t work next time.
Do you know what’s happening? Thanks!

Only Console.app can tell us what went wrong. Please observe logs there during startup. Also check your startup items, TotalFinder.app should be present there:
http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/installation

Usually this is caused by some other Finder “plugin” which also restarts Finder for its operation.

Thanks for your reply Darwin. Yes, the TotalFinder.app is in the login items. The problem I have is not that it won’t launch on startup, it’s that it won’t launch at all even if I try to do so from the Applications folder.
I searched on the Console for TotalFinder and it says that the shell is corrupted. Why does that happen and how can I fix it?
Thanks!

TotalFinder launcher is checking the integrity of TotalFinder files on the disk. If you modify anything it will report this message. For example people have tried to change icon in the resources, crack the binary or modify some other files.

If you are not aware of any modifications to TotalFinder files, that is weird situation. Something modified the files under your nose.

Yep, that’s the problem. And it happens on two different computers, a Mac Pro and a Macbook Pro Retina. I have TotalFinder legally with a license. I install it and it works. Turn off the computer and next time it starts it won’t work. Always the same message on the Console. Are you aware of any other program which might be doing that?

Ok, please open Terminal.app and execute this line:

codesign --verify --verbose /Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalFinder.osax

Note: it might prompt you to install Xcode developer tools, because codesign command is not available on your system. Read more here: http://osxdaily.com/2014/02/12/install-command-line-tools-mac-os-x/

I too am having this problem. I followed the advice above and Terminal reported ‘/Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalFinder.osax: valid on disk
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalFinder.osax: satisfies its Designated Requirement’

Any ideas?

@confused then there must be some other thing restarting Finder.app during system launch or some error reports in Console.app.

I am having this problem too. Total Finder version 1.6. But just on a new 15" (late 2013) MBPR, on 15" (late 2009) MBP everything is working fine. Both machines have SSD discs running 10.9.3 and they are almost identical considering applications installed.