TotalFinder on a Hackintosh system

Hi There,
Question, has anyone used TotalFinder on a Hackintosh system?
and what are your experiences with a Hacintosh & Uttils like TotalFinder in general?

Big thx

Cheerio

Hi, I’m afraid that intersection between TotalFinder users, Hackintosh users and people visiting this forum is so tiny that you won’t get any answers anytime soon.

In general I think TotalFinder should work because I don’t think there are any modifications to Finder.app in Hackintosh. Also I expect SIP to be disabled there.

Hello there! I am just such a person. :grinning:

TotalFinder has worked flawlessly on my hack for many, many years. I love TF and feel it is an essential part of my system. So much in fact that I’ve waited to update my system in the past until I could get TF to work.

1 Like

Thx for the reply… good to know (long time real-live experiences)

A quick update since the release of macOS 14 Sonoma.

TF will no longer work if you need to fix your Wi-Fi settings to get your Wi-Fi card to work. Sonoma has discontinued support for almost all Broadcom cards, and in order to get them to work again, you must set you csr-active-config to 03080000. That will not work with TF.

TF will work with the old csr-active-config of 6, but you will not have working Wi-Fi.

Bazinga! I figured it out. I just had to add the ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID to the SIP disabled flag of 0308000.

That made the csr-active-config 0708000 and now I have working WiFi AND TotalFinder! I couldn’t be happier. I might actually be able to update my production machine to Sonoma after all.

1 Like