Totalfinder on M1 Macbook Air?

Why is what Apple did to the Finder sidebar understandable? What is wrong with customized folders and colours?

@x4breakfast : I think, i did not express myself clear: It is understadable that the crew behind Totalfinder stop to develop because of Apples changes to the system… I do understand the decision to stop at that end, allthough I will miss TF.
Theres nothing wrong with customized folders or colours… of course.
Did I express clearer for U?

BR
S

Well, CRAP! It’s going to be very difficult to get used to just Finder on an M1 Mac. Is there NO way to get this done??

1 Like

Yes end of road as documented somewhere in this website.

It has been a great ride. Makes me less interested in getting the new iMac but the keyboard on my laptop is more annoying than living without TF (just).

Just can’t get into Pathfinder, seems too bloated for my needs.

Still can’t get over the fact that I have to give up TF now that I’m moving on to a Macbook pro M1… this is sooo sad!

No more VISOR or proper dual-pane, how do people work without these?

Here’s some good news for you all: https://twitter.com/akemin_dayo/status/1467946268181753859 (日本語)

tl;dr: I’m working on bringing Apple Silicon support to TotalFinder — I’ve gotten it to a functional state, but there’s still some work to be done before this will be ready for public release.

12 Likes

That’s GREAT news! Will it also work on Monterey macOS 12?

Yes, it will work on macOS 12 Monterey on both Apple Silicon and Intel (x86).

That being said… if you’re using an Intel machine, the current public release of TotalFinder (1.14.0) should already work fine on macOS 12.

5 Likes

Hi Karen,
Any new news about the M1 update?!

Can I request something please if you can add an option for (copy to and move to)
also, I wish the sidebar section have a transparent effect like the original Finder app.

Thanks for your work and help ( millions of users waiting for you )

1 Like

Not intended to stress you out, just checking in for an update… how goes it, any closer to bringing TF to Monterey with M1 chips?

Really hope it’s around the corner, keep up the good work!

Absolutely fantastic news!

I’ve been missing TotalFinder soooo much! It’s how Finder should’ve been designed in the first place. :wink:

1 Like

Can’t wait for this! Tried all of the alternatives and nothing quite matches what TotalFinder does. Thanks for your work on this!

1 Like

What a great news! I’m just late to the party! Will cmd+x also work?

Stumbled on this more by surprise, but hey, good news this is! In fact, a workweek this year has never started better. Hope to hear more news then and BIG THX from me. BR

1 Like

Any news? Can we expect a release any time soon?

1 Like

Ready to pay for a new version, just please give me!

4 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like