TotalFinder Yosemite status

Thank you for reporting this. I’m going to investigate this issue. It looks like a bug introduced recently when I changed code related to plist settings.

@igamogam Can you send me a screenshot of your Visor preferences screen? Or whole ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist. I have been unable to reproduce the problem on my Yosemite machine so far. Thank you.

I just installed yosemite and it disabled Totalfinder as being incompatable

@Kris_Bloom I assume you have 1.6.2 version. Please install the latest 1.6.12: http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/changes#latest

One issue that I have been bothered with is that when I move a file to another folder, the name appears blank. The file icon shows, with complete white space to the right. If I click somewhere else in the TotalFinder window, the name shows up. I was experiencing this occasionally in Mavericks, but now it is more frequent, it happens consistently - files or folders. Ver 1.6.12

I noticed this morning that running TotalFinder 1.6.12 and GM OS X 10.10 that in TotalFInder Preferences > File Browser > Show System Files does not work anymore.

A quick google search showed me that the command to toggle this setting is now:

To see the hidden files: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder

To not see them: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean false ; killall Finder

1 Like

I noticed that the visor function Alt+Alt did not work after startup. Clicking on the icon in the manu bar showed a grayed out “show visor” line. Only after opening the preferences and disabling and enabling the visor feature did it work again. I use Totalfinder in combination with Xtrafinder (a few features) what always worked under Mavericks and is still working under Yosemite, but coucle be the culprit.

Dingoe

1 Like

Is it possible to enable toolbar translucency if TotalFinder tabs are disabled?

1 Like

Totalfinder (v 1.6.12) and dropbox 2.11.28 (latest beta version) don’t work nicely together in Yosemite. The combination effectively kills Dropbox’s functions in Finder including contextual menu functions and graphic overlays. Not sure who’s side the problem is but it would be awesome to have it fixed!!! I can’t live without Totalfinder and I need to be able to link to Dropbox files in finder occasionally! Thanks!!

There is a bug, when a tab occasionally disconnects form a windows in some weird way. But when I click the tab related to this extra window, it connects to the tab again. Just a strange shift. It happens when I use my mouse extra buttons with BetterTouchTool “minimize window under cursor” enabled (but I’m not sure about it).

BTW, when I restore the finder window after minimization, it always switches to the first tab.

I have the same problem as Adam but I’m running the current production version of Dropbox (v2.10.41). Depending on which extension is loaded first, different things happen. If TotalFinder loads first, Dropbox syncs, but its contextual menus are missing. If Dropbox loads first, then I can’t even bring up a Finder window (if TotalFinder is loaded). Kind of a showstopper for me because there’s no easy way (that I know of) to pin which extension gets loaded first. Feeling a little like System 7 :-(.

I’m having a similar problem to Andrey except when I open a new tab it opens a new Finder window without any side bar. Nothing I do can connect it to the tab again.

Same here and also happens on 1.6.13. In list view, white out of entire line until you click elsewhere in the finder window or refresh it.

Still the same issue with 1.6.12. Have to toggle visor every time I log in.

Totally broken for me in yosemite. Clicking the new tab button open another finder window. have the latest dev version.

Hi,

Unfortunately the Visor is not working for me at all in Yosemite.
Running OS 10.10 on a MacBookPro (Retina, Mid 2012).
Funny thing is, in the first days after upgrading to Yosemite it was working. Not it simply doesn’t anymore. Tried rebooting the mac, but same issue.

@Giovanni_Dienstmann You have to turn Visor off and on again in TotalFinder preferences. For some reason some people have this issue. I’m looking for solution, but have been unable to reproduce it so far :frowning:

When I changed to OSX Yosemite 10.10, it seemed like totalFinder was working well, I have two machines I upgraded at the same time, On one of them I upgraded to 1.6.13 and the vision stopped working, tabs also… not sure if anything is working but it looks to be on in the preferences… I totally uninstalled and installed 1.6.12 again and I still have the same issue. On the other machine I have 1.6.12 and it is working… I have tried resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling… how can I get it to work again ?

@canitb Hard to tell. On my machines all works as expected. I’m curious if this has anything to do with Finder’s plist. TotalFinder uses it for its preferences as well. People reported random enabling/disabling of some TotalFinder features (driven by the plist).

Try delete Finder’s plist and start from scratch:
http://mandarapte.com/apple/reset-macintoshs-osx-finder-app-troubleshoot-finder-issues-deleting-its-preferences/

Note: It may be tricky to do that while Finder is running. Sometimes system tends to revert deleted settings for some reason.

Hi Darwin, thanks for the fast reply. I tried to delete the file, but it keeps recreating it after I do that… and if I restart everything is the same, nothing has changed… do you have any other options for me to try?
Here you can have a look what files I have, not sure if these other ones are normal to have?