TotalSpaces support on MacOS 10.14 Mojave

@gian8989 It works perfectly on Mojave, even on beta versions.
@stephen Thanks again!!!

@ macsmister But only with SIP disabled. I was looking for an alternative to use with SIP enabled.

Thank you! I will let you know if it works when I will download the 10.14.4 version.
@gian8989, apparently @stephen says that with 10.14.4 the 2.7.11 TS2 version works with SIP enabled. In any case this is the answer he gave me after asking for TS2 working with SIP enabled.
If you try let us know!

Unfortunately we know of no way at the moment to make TotalSpaces2 work with SIP enabled on any Mojave version (I’m sorry if there was some misunderstanding on this at some point, I certainly haven’t meant to give the impression that we can run with SIP enabled).

1 Like

This version of TotalSpaces2 is required for beta 5: https://downloads.binaryage.com/TotalSpaces2-2.7.12.dmg

1 Like

Hello Stephen, does it work for beta 6 as well?

Yes, looks good with beta 6.

I don’t know if this helps but adding virtualbox to mojave had me confirm that a kernel add on was authorized - is this a path that would help with TS on mojave?

(I’m delaying updates because I rely on TS2 and MC is no substitute.)

I can confirm that the released version of TotalSpaces2 does not work with macOS Mojave 10.14.4, and repeatedly crashes Dock with the ‘FastSwitch2 plug-in’ every 1 seconds.

Disabling TotalSpaces2 allows the desktop to load, Dock stops crashing, and the system functions… without TotalSpaces2 running.

Process:               Dock [1438]
Path:                  /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/Dock
Identifier:            com.apple.dock
Version:               1.8 (1963.5)
Build Info:            Dock-1963005000000000~94
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Dock [1438]
User ID:               501

PlugIn Path:             /Applications/TotalSpaces2.app/Contents/Resources/TotalSpaces.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FastSwitch2
PlugIn Identifier:       com.binaryage.FastSwitch2
PlugIn Version:          2.7.6 (2.7.6)

Date/Time:             2019-03-31 10:52:14.519 -0400
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.4 (18E226)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        0AB038C4-4215-AB54-BC41-7BDB6FF56653

Is there an update to TotalSpaces2 that will address this new issue in 10.14.4?

Update: I just installed the beta listed above in this thread, and it appears to work. I’ll continue to test and reply back with any odd results I might find.

1 Like

As mentioned in another topic before I found this one:

I have just purchased a licence, disabled SIP, installed the latest version (2.7.12) on Mojave (10.14.3).

I have all the same issues as above i.e. fails to start on login, Layout is blank, can’t create columns or rows, and can’t add Desktops (get the 16 max error and shows I have 0 desktops).

YES. Here 10.14.4 too. And not worked too

same goes for me

I had the same issue with TotalSpaces 2 not starting up properly but created a hack around using keyboard maestro to kill the Dock app whenever TotalSpaces is launched with a slight delay. (so the dock actually is killed twice I believe and the startup issue has to do with timing between the kill action, restart action and code injection)

Total Spaces (2.7.12) doesn’t work with Mojave after »csrutil disable«workaround.

Error message: »Please check TotalSpaces2 can control Dock in System preferences…«

I check TotalSpaces in System Prefs > Security > Privacy > Automation, but nothing has happend.

This happened to me with a clean install and the latest version of TS. To solve, try installing a previous version of TS and it should prompt you for the security override. After successfully completing, quit TS overwrite the app with the latest and launch again.

Today I updated TotalSpaces2 to version 2.8.5.
After the installation I noticed that every time TotalSpaces2 is (re)started the Preferences window pops up.
Is there a way to prevent TotalSpaces2 from doing that?

[edit]
Nevermind. It happend a few times. Now the Preferences no longer popup.
[/edit]