TotalTerminal activation not working correctly in Yosemite

Thanks Darwin - you’re insanely fast! Really appreciate your hard work.

1 Like

Hi Darwin sorry to hijack this thread, but it seems to be related.

With the latest TotalTerminal v1.5, the exposed AppleScript commands don’t seem to work anymore (I’m still on OS X Mavericks 10.9.4). Did something change with regard to these commands?

Thanks!

ah, I’m sorry, I broke it. I have removed sharedInstance method recently:

I will fix it in next release (in a few days)

1 Like

Thanks so much!! Keep up the awesome work :slight_smile:

Has anyone else noticed that, when activated, TotalTerminal flashes white? It just started after I installed 1.5 on 10.10 Beta 4

I experienced that with first Yosemite DP, but it went away. Definitely something we should keep an eye on.

Thank you so much for the fix! I use totalterminal potentially more than any other app – it’s a critical part of my daily workflow, and the slow activation bug was driving me crazy. <3 <3 <3, and let me know if you guys are accepting donations or I can give back in any way!

EDIT: Spoke too soon, it looks like the slow activation bug is still present :frowning: Ah well, still love you guys and totalterminal, and looking forward to the fix in the future!

EDIT 2: To be clear, the bug can be reproduced by binding the terminal to a hotkey, opening it, closing it, then using a couple other apps for a minute or two, then trying to open it again. It’s about a full 30 second delay before it pops open.

Hey sorry to bother you guys again, but this bug is slowly driving me absolutely insane. I rely on totalterminal so heavily for my daily work, and there is still regularly a 10+ second delay between when I hit the hotkey and when it appears. This makes it essentially useless for me, but I just can’t stand going back to a normal terminal window.

I would gladly sink time and/or money into helping out to solve this problem. Is there anything I can do to be of assistance?

Hi there!

Looks like issue still occurs! :frowning:

I’ve uninstalled and installed totalterminal and was able to use ctrl+ctrl shortcut, but after several hours i wasn’t able to use it.
Can i help you somehow to resolve this issue?

My setup:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D105g)
TotalTerminal 1.5.4

Thanks in advance!