Transitions settings not working?

I’ve been using TotalSpaces for a while now and appreciate the ability it gives me to completely disable transitions when moving from screen to screen.

For some reason that functionality has stopped working. I’m not certain what has changed, but none of the transition settings take effect anymore, even when I try, for example, to force a different transition style (e.g. Cube).

I’m running on a 2013 Macbook Pro, 10.9.2, with v2.1.10 of TotalSpaces2.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

OK, further investigation reveals that transitions are working correctly, but only when I use command-tab to transition between apps (and consequently spaces). When I try to change spaces using the keyboard shortcuts, I get a slow sliding transition.

Perhaps it’s been this way all along and I just didn’t notice before? Is there a way to get the fast transition when using the keyboard to switch spaces as well?

I found it. It seems that the settings in TotalSpaces for changing a space were conflicting with the system keyboard shortcut settings for moving spaces. I’m not sure how that happened, but I disabled the setting in System Preferences (under Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Move left a space, and Move right a space), and now everything works as I have come to expect.

Hopefully this helps someone else having the same problem.

Thanks for posting, and I’m glad you solved it!