[Update Discussion] TotalFinder 1.15.1 for Apple Silicon and Intel — macOS 13, 12, 11, and 10.15

This is great!!!

Karen, please confirm that Links :: Karen's Pineapple is your preferred method of receiving donations.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! Yep, just had to add --without nvram and it’s fully operational for me so glad to have this working again. Thank you so much for all of the hard work you have put into getting this to function on macOS 13

2 Likes

You can’t imagine how happy and thankful I am. You deserve more than thanks and appreciation. You are the best ever.

copy path option stops the right-click menu from appearing but it’s ok just remove it and everything works fantastic

MacOs 13.1 16" intel

2 Likes

Thank you so much Karen!!! Thanks to your amazing job TF will have new customers after this time, I’m really thankful somebody kept TF alive, it’s an amazing tool i hope for a new long era for it. Now I can update my office’s mac too :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Thank you very, very much for this late Xmas present from Germany, too!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Perfect!! Thanks so much for making it work. I’m using TF mostly because of the real sidebar icons and real colored labels. My Finder looks normal, alive, and user-friendly again! I’ll make sure to donate.

1 Like

OMG! OMG! OMG!

TotalFinder is actually now working on the latest version of Ventura on an M1 machine. Right-Click and all!

Who would ever have thought we would see the day this software would actually work.

THANK YOU akemin_dayo!

2 Likes

I think you have to email support@binaryage.com

@georgehe I can do this for you, as I do have administrative privileges here. I’ll DM you to confirm.

@danvos Glad it was helpful!

The new documentation and changes to the TotalFinder website are now live (well… they have been for a while now, actually), so I’ll be editing my earlier post accordingly.

Enjoy using TotalFinder!

@Welaxxx Hmn, that shouldn’t be happening.

What specific hardware are you running this on? Do you have any other macOS tweaks installed?

Right-clicking works perfectly fine on all macOS 13.x test systems I used during 1.15.0’s development (stretching all the way up to macOS 13.2 beta).

@RickO @Nurb_2Kea @Leo_B Yes, the information listed on my website is indeed correct. Thank you for your consideration!

2 Likes

Hello akemin_dayo. Grateful thanks for your great work in keeping the unequalled TotalFinder alive and well. Ver 1.15.0 is running very nicely in Monterey 12.6.2 on an Intel iMac20,2

Notably it seems that Automatic Column Widths on Column View is working again. (It was broken on this machine in ver. 1.14.2) A modest PayPal donation has been made in recognition of your time and efforts.

Thanks and I sincerely hope you may continue to support this vital improvement to the macOS Finder that I cannot live without! Greetings from Hong Kong.

1 Like

it’s another tweak after I closed it copy path works and all TF works perfectly,

thanks for your concern

1 Like

Ok, found your PayPal button :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m happy as my mac is!!!
Thank you & … :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you Karen for all your hard work. I’ve been waiting for TF 1.15 to upgrade my M1 Mac Studio to OS 13.1. So far so good, everything seems to be working. I sent you a little something via PayPal.

1 Like

M2 MBA, macOS 13.1,Totalfinder 1.15.0 quit by itself after using it for a period of time and needs to reopen the app

1 Like

@charles_lu By this, do you mean that Finder crashed and reopened as the normal stock (unmodified) Finder?

If so, can you provide some more information so I can better figure out what’s going on?

• Do you remember roughly what you were doing at the time?
  • Is this a crash that you can reproduce? (Are there some specific steps I can take to cause this to crash on my own system?)
  • Do you have any other macOS tweaks installed?

It would also be very helpful if you could also run the diagnostics script in a Terminal session (just paste what’s below into Terminal) and send me the resulting file.

/Applications/TotalFinder.app/Contents/Resources/diagnose-totalfinder.sh

Thank you!

Progress report 2023/01/12

(Hi, @ChrisOSX — here’s yet another one revolving around you ;P)

After looking closer at the changes made between 1.13.1 and 1.13.2, I am now able to produce builds that reliably inject on legacy/unsupported systems that have OCLP Moraea Non-Metal patches applied.

(※ This theoretically may also increase injection reliability on other systems with slightly broken components/behaviour in general, same as TotalFinder builds from 1.13.1 and prior.)

Further testing will be done to monitor for any adverse effects on regular systems.

Thank you for your patience.

(Also, I will be looking into implementing @tristinDLC’s request regarding a new preference for the pinned visor behaviour.)

2 Likes

Fantastic news!

I appreciate all of the support you have given this project.

Thank you so much for your time :pray:

2 Likes