Would community funding help speed-up development in any way?

I think I am not the only one who desperately needs your awesome product TotalSpace to work on latest Macs.

We have money obviously as we purchased an M1 Macbooks :slight_smile:

If you opened a Patreon, or anything like that, me and others would be more than happy to help funding the project in order to help its development.

Maybe you have so many other things to do, but this would motivate spend a little more time on this project.

I have tested TotalSpace3 but unfortunately when I connect multiple screens it doesn’t work well.

Hope to hear from the community guys, please let them know here if you’re with me on this one.

2 Likes

yes, whilst it works for me for my simple switching I am keen to see this brought to completion and supported.

I completely agree. I’d be willing to spend more than the $15 license fee if it helps the continuation of this project. I’ve become incredibly spoiled over the years with TotalSpaces.
It’s only been a few days that I’ve had my new M1 Max, and not having TotalSpaces is really cramping my workflow. I miss it and I can’t wait to have it back!

Amen. I just got a new MacBook Pro and would love to be able to run TotalSpaces. I would be happy to contribute more than the license fee for your work!

Same for TotalFinder. :slight_smile:

agreed.

Totally (spaces) agree, I’ve purchased TS3 and simply need 1 thing: trigger the overview grid with bottom right hotcorner, WITHOUT lags and animations. I’ve reach the first goal triggering the shortcut with BetterTouchTool, but the animation lag make my usual workflow totally unusable. I’m keeping my old 15" meanwhile, and if I’ll not be able to solve, I’ll even consider to sell my new 16". Shame on Apple, I’m a developer, don’t need these lamer f***ing fancy transitions, I only need to work as fast as possible. In these christmas holidays I’ll give a try to yabay to get rid of transitions. I will be more than happy to pay the develop of these simply features: make the price and i’m sure that all the people that LOVES Total Spaces will do the same.Thanks!

Need trigger the overview grid with hot corners, too. :star_struck:

UPDATE
I give a try to yabai, and is not possible to remove spaces switch animations outside of yabai itself, as described here: Remove space transition animation when moving spaces outside of yabai · Issue #398 · koekeishiya/yabai · GitHub
So, sadly, the combo TS3 + yabai is not useful to get rid of animations on overview grid.
Is a nice tool (not so easy to set on M1) but not for my workflow and I’m going to unistall it.
Take my money and remove animations :expressionless:

Hear, hear! I just bit the bullet and “upgraded away from TS2” due to pressure from IT security, thinking “I will survive”. But no… not having TS at all would shorten my life, so I was once again looking for the status of TS3, willing to offer $100 to speed along its development towards a working state. Now I discover it’s here - but I’m still willing to offer some extra money to help you guys get a more stable product with (in particular) the instant-overview feature. So, will some more money speed it up (eh, there’s an unintended pun there), and ensure that it does not stall?

1 Like

$100? I would pitch in $10,000.

But only if we could get the same amount of spaces we had on Catalina.

Only 16 is bullsh!t. My workstation area uses 35+.

1 Like