1.10.0 giving code signature check failed error

issue

After installation v1.10.0 of TotalFinder fails with a code signature check failed error.

Same problem here…

Thanks for getting back to me.

Could you guys please run this diagnostics script and send me the output back?

Same problem here.
Also, totalfinder wont run (apple script event).

ProductName:	Mac OS X
ProductVersion:	10.11.6
BuildVersion:	15G1611

System Integrity Protection status: enabled.

> ls -l /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Oct 23  2015 Digital Hub Scripting.osax
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Oct 23  2015 StandardAdditions.osax
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 26 10:08 TotalFinderSIP.osax
> ls -l /Library/ScriptingAdditions
total 0
drwxrwxr-x  3 root      wheel  102 Oct 14  2015 Adobe Unit Types.osax
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 laneo  staff  102 Apr  7  2015 Default Folder X Addition.osax
drwxr-xr-x  3 root      wheel  102 Oct 20  2015 TotalFinder.osax
> ls -l ~/Library/ScriptingAdditions

/Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalFinder.osax com.binaryage.totalfinder.injector 1.10.1 
/System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalFinder.osax not present
/System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalFinderSIP.osax com.binaryage.totalfinder.sipinjector 1.10.1 2
/Applications/TotalFinder.app com.binaryage.totalfinder.agent 1.10.1

For what it’s worth, 1.1 uninstall/reinstall worked in my case.

@laneo Please uninstall and then install again. This will fix it.

The problem is that the installer sometimes decide not to replace existing /Library/ScriptingAdditions/TotalFinder.osax. I’m not sure why it was happening but I have hopefully fixed it by changing pkgbuild parameters to always replace files during installation.

The fix will be included in the next release 1.10.2.

Manually deleting the file and reinstalling worked. Thanks !
FYI, i got a plist error after installing (maybe that was part of the problem) and lost all my preferences (no problem, just 20 secs to reconfigure them again).

Thanks for reporting back. That plist incident is weird. TotalFinder stores its settings in ~/Library/Preferences/com.binaryage.totalfinder.plist. I wonder how it could get corrupted.

Darwin, in my case I went from 1.9.3 straight to 1.10.2, which per your note should be fixed in that version. One possible difference is that I did NOT under 1.9.3 previously have the TotalFinder.osax component installed in /ScriptingAdditions folder, as I always have SIP off and never needed the ‘workaround’. So in the case of installing 1.10.2, when prompted to install the SIP workaround component, I thought it couldn’t hurt, in case I ever accidently turn SIP back on. But in this case there was no previous version in that folder to overwrite. I fixed the issue same way as Laneo, manually delete the component after the first time installation fails, then running it again.

+1 here I I went from 1.9.3 straight to 1.10.2 and I had to uninstall/reinstall for the error to go away

Finally identified this annoying bug. I’m sorry for that:

It will be fixed in the next release.

I have just published 1.10.5 update for everyone. TotalFinder 1.10.5 has fixed the installation issue. I’m sorry for the troubles.